Finding Neon

Two colourful events inspired me this week. A trip to see Vivid on Sydney Harbour and a trip to the aquarium in Manly (Sealife Sanctuary) with my sons.

The colours at both events are pretty cool. A hot pink opera house and some bright tropical fish have inspired me to talk about neon. I love a bit of neon. Looking back at my outfit pics on Instagram over the last two months, I am quite surprised by the amount of neon I own. So I thought I’d share the neon love here.

Tips and tricks to wearing neon:



Here are some more ideas for adding a touch of neon including a pair of neon yellow earrings which are cheaper than a coffee!

1. Logo shadow slim sweats by Gap $23.97; 2. Hannah diagonal clutch by Collette Hayman $19.95; 3. Moneypenny watch by Komono at ASOS $88.24; 4. Multi flower print scarf by Miss Shop at Myer $24.95; 5. Luminous lip veil in Angel Psychedel by Napoleon Perdis at David Jones $30; 6. Triangle dented earring by Collette Hayman $2.47; 7. Womens authentic low pro shoe by VANS at Surf Dive n Ski $74.96

For even more neon tips and tricks, Nikki from Styling You has also written a post about neon.

Finally, if you just can't love the 80s look, put it on your kids instead. Little lord #1 wears a neon orange puffer vest from Coles Mix apparel $15.

P.S. How cute are stingray's faces. Always so smiley.